Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hump Day

**warning** this post has nothing to do with humps or humping.

Wow. The last three days seem to have lasted a year. I'm beat.

Canada: The NOVA SCOTIA BOARD has approved my license transfer pending completion of the Transfer Interview, which is sort of an oral exam, sort of a walk-through of ethics. I'm not worried about it. However, "the fee for this interview is $500!" (exclamation point added) The next opportunity to do that is in late May. If I want to be placed on the courtesy registry in the meantime, I can pay another $200!! WTF?!?! Is this America? I didn't think the Canadians were like this too! Whatever. You know? Forget it. I'll end up paying it. I have to. Not the $200 though! They said I don't have to pay that if I am only asking for the temporary thing for 21 days or less. My future BOSS is cool with that. Oh yeah! and I have to study the Canadian Phrenologists' Ethical Code too, "a copy of which is available for 45 freakin dollars!" (exclamation point and "freakin" added) Now I'm all worked up again!!

OK. ... I'm calm. Thanks to those who submitted questions for the potential roommate. That deal already fell through but my Nova Scotia friend is checking out a female prospect this weekend. She lurks on this blog so I presume she knows what to ask.

In other news ... Rake got a part in the musical Footloose. She's in mainly dance numbers, not a featured part. Easel is putting shot (?) for the track team, and Sandbox is at level 10 of the Tales of Symphonia GameCube game! Actually I don't know what level he's on - he's just not doing much else new these days. Wait - that's not true. He and Easel have discovered tennis. They go over to the park and play and seem to be having a great time. One of them is using a cool aluminum racket we got at a garage sale and one is using the Billie Jean King wooden racket I inherited from my mom. No one has claimed to be winning these games which can only mean one thing. They don't know how to keep score.

7 comments:

Nag said...

Have you asked what the charge to breathe in Nova Scotia is and whether they have a family rate? Nag

Nate said...

When do they force you to start saying "Zed" and "eh"?

Is that part of the training once you're across the border, or do they just fine you every time you say "ya'll"?

plug said...

The zed thing may happen soon since one of my initials is "zed." Ugh.

I can already hear the Canadian lilt in my head when I think about what to say. I'm planning on saying y'all more than I do now. Cuz it's charming.

Breathing tax? ... shit.

Dagromm said...

I need to get into the governing business. It looks like good money.

polio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate said...

Dagromm

Q: Why do all governments crack down on organized crime?"

A: Because they hate the competition! Heyoooooo!

Monstro D. Whale said...

Does that mean that Rake is one degree of Kevin Bacon? Or does that not count?