Thursday, March 15, 2007

OY!

I played the voice mail recording of the Canadian dude for Sandbox last night. He wasn't all that impressed I have to say.

SB: That's not all that different, but he didn't say Oy. You said they say Oy all the time.
Me: Oy!? Wha'?
SB: You said they say things like, "How are you, oy?" and stuff like that.
Me: You mean "eh?"
SB: Eh, Oy, whatever. He didn't say that.
Me: Mmm. Well, I think the "eh" thing is more informal, like "you decided to wear the red one, eh?" Or, "It's nice out, eh?" This was a business call so he didn't say that.
SB: Oh. When we move to Canada, can we each get our own laptops?
Me: Isn't it time for American Idol?

In other news - that coffee thing really worked out for me yesterday. Those who know me even casually know that I don't usually drink coffee - I'm a diet soda gal. Though I have been known to pour my soda into a coffee mug because I think that looks more grown-up. But yesterday I was so tired already at 10am that I bought some Dunkin Donuts coffee. ZING! I was zipping around, speed-talking, interrupting people, and feeling really productive for about three hours. I don't know that I actually got much done but, man!, I felt like I was and that's what counts right? If anybody'd tried to tell me different I wouldn't have let them finish their sentence anyway, so yeah, I think it counts.

5 comments:

Chillax said...

I think that laptops for all of the kids would be considered a legitimate moving expense. I mean they are going to Canada for cryin' out loud. Although...will there be any place for them to plug them in?

plug said...

yeah, and I'm pretty sure the igloos have DSL now too.

polio said...

you are (hopefully) aware that "all the kids" includes me, right? at least for the purposes of buying us laptops.

plug said...

Yes, we've always called you our little Bucket of Polio. Welcome. I liked your first blog entry.

Dagromm said...

I don't drink coffee either. I think that I have an aversion to hot drinks.