Monday, March 19, 2007

Going Away Party #1

Not much new on the Canada Report. I checked with the ILLINOIS BOARD last Friday and they told me that they had, in fact, mailed the form as requested. Fingers crossed that it makes it to the NOVA SCOTIA BOARD in time.

My first going away party is this Friday. This is the work one. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm gonna show off my intelligent, beautiful children and brag about Canada's Ocean Playground. I'm gonna hear all kinds of complimentary things about myself and how folks are gonna miss me, blah, blah, blah. In my fantasy I get drunk and give a scathing report about all the agency's problem areas. Of course that'll never happen because 1) there probably won't be any good dark beer there, 2) I'm NOT getting drunk around people I work with, 3) I don't know if my complaints about the agency would be best delivered under the influence anyway, and 4) we all have issues about our places of employment - I've got 'em here, I'll have 'em in the new place. Eventually.

The bad thing about these parties is that people want to take pictures and I am not photogenic. Last time I looked at a photo of myself (which was only about a week ago) all I could see was the huge gap in my teeth. I think for this party I will manage to have something in front of my mouth in every photo. Maybe I'll carry a geisha fan or something.

No comments: