Thursday, March 22, 2007

Photos and Faxes and Forms, Oh My!

Things seem to be moving a little more quickly now. I heard from the immigration attorney that the word is back from Service Canada that I am now eligible to apply for the actual work permit. They had do the Labour Market Survey first, to make sure there aren't any other phrenologists in Canada that want this job.

Now, the DH and I are to fill out the FORMS, gather PHOTOS of ourselves and the children, and take it all to Detroit where we can visit the consulate and pay them some FEES. We need to both go because he'll get his on the strength of mine. As of right now, we plan to drive there on Palm Sunday, stay overnight, do our thang on Monday, and drive home. I have been advised to fill out the FORMS and then FAX them to the attorney and have him check them out first. We will definitely take this advice.

I still don't have a place to live yet, so if anybody knows someone in Nova Scotia who would like to rent me a room for about two months, PLEASE hook us up. Then again, I hear it's fun to stay at the Y! M! C! A!

5 comments:

Goo said...

A word to the wise, if you find your entrance into Detroit greeted with shouts of "Hosanna" and a bunch of folks carpeting your path with branches be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

Nag said...

Perhaps you should warn Detroit that only two years after Goo presented credentials to a consulate in New Orleans it was struck . . . . Well, you know what happened.

Nag

Goo said...

Actually, by that time line, it is perhaps worth mentioning that I passed through Detroit en route from Copenhagen to Shreveport about two years ago...

plug said...

I'll let them know.

goo - did you ever stop in Halifax? I'm just askin'.

Goo said...

No, but I quiz Xerox tech support routinely about Halifax. Or at least, I used to. These days I seem to end up talking to people in the Bahamas.