Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Canadian Accent

So while I'm driving to work, I got a call but didn't answer it because I couldn't tell who it was from - too much glare in the car. And yes, I screen. Sue me. A check of my voice mail once I hit the office revealed it was from the NOVA SCOTIA BOARD saying my STUFF had arrived and they needed to fax me more STUFF to sign and fax back. He's so friendly. I'm saving his voice mail so I can play it for the kids. Sandbox is worried he won't be able to understand anybody even though I've assured him they sound just like us. And we made them watch Strange Brew to prove it. Now he's hoping we live next to a brewery. Or not, since you may remember the brewery is right next to an insane asylum.

Rake is looking forward to meeting some "hot Scottish guys" with their amazing accents since she read that Nova Scotia means New Scotland. I'm afraid she thinks she'll be going to school with Ewan McGregor. I tried to do my sucky imitation of the CANADIAN ACCENT but couldn't pull it off. So NOVA SCOTIA BOARD dude will be tonight's entertainment.

I love that we now change our clocks forward earlier. Do they do that in Canada I wonder? At the same time? It's hard to imagine our GOVERNMENT cooperating on something like that. I imagine that Canada decided to move it up two weeks, so our GOVERNMENT decided to move it up 4 weeks.

I'm drinking COFFEE today so you know it's gonna be a doozy.

2 comments:

Q said...

-- "Rake is looking forward to meeting some "hot Scottish guys" with their amazing accents since she read that Nova Scotia means New Scotland."

I am right there with her. Hell, I am thinking about moving to Nova Scotia so that I can find me some hot guys that sound like James Duhan from Star Trek...What a fox...

Dagromm said...

You might have to worry more about living next to the brewery, because as I recall they were pretty dangerous too.