Saturday, April 28, 2007

grumpy

Seems like a lot of you blog on the weekdays and take the weekends off. I, however, find that Saturday is a good day to sit down with the computer and post something without worrying that I am taking too much time away from the scalps that always await the busy phrenologist.

Rake is off to get ready for the prom. Or as she reminds me, "just prom, not ~the~ prom." OK. We get to go over at 6:15 and take pictures of her and the others she's going with to dinner. She told me she has been waiting for this big weekend, then she'll blog about it. So next week, check out www.creativebrick.blogspot.com.

Polio has been packing up his room and Sandbox has been hanging around waiting for a chance to have some Polio time to himself. Easel had a track meet today. She's pissed cuz she thinks she had the best distances in both events but got second place. I don't know why they had some girl from a rival school helping document the results either. Mmm...

For those who don't know, I am really bummed these days. The stinkin' work permit is taking forever and this whole process has taken a financial and emotional toll on most of us. Gas prices are going up. We had the clutch worked on last week. I mean, glad we got to do it before it went out on the drive to NS or something, but lousy timing. Allergies, packing, constant questions about when I am actually leaving are combining to make me a grump.


harumph.

6 comments:

LIT said...

Let's face it; no where in the contract does it say Moms get weekends off. Live with it.

Besides those other bloggers are all "stealing from the company store" , aren't they? You, obviously, are above that. Be proud.

Hope your problems with the NS deal resolve sooner than later, and you can relax a bit. No doubt, you have the most up to date phrenology charts and voodoo chants---they need you.

This would be Doc speaking; no photo available.

Nate said...

Plug,

Might I suggest we cure that grumpiness with a back rub. At my place. On a bear skin rug.

plug said...

Make it a foot rub on a flokati and I'm there.

Dagromm said...

Hey, if I'm sitting in my office and the door is open then I'm available, which means I'm working.

Anonymous said...

I just blog when I feel it. Thus it's a blog and not a blah-guh. This is also constrained by available chances to blog, which are usually on days when I work, since nothing else productive will get done on such days.

Nate said...

Plug,

My patent pending "world's best foot rubs" are always at the ready.

I've got references.