Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Just sittin', and waitin', and dreamin', and postin'

Not a lot to report on Canada and jobs at the moment. Some things may be brewing, but maybe not. I'll keep it on the DL for now and let you know if it pans out.

In other news:

Rake is going to the prom, her one and only Midwest prom since we'll be moving. I LOVE the young man who's taking her (a senior) and think she'll have a great time. We went dress shopping last Saturday. Of course we hit the resale shop because I'm frugal like that. Thankfully, Rake has that gene as well so no arguing about the venue.

I really liked the virginal white dress but Rake pointed out, correctly, that it kind of looked used. Not in an obvious way, especially not obvious in the lighting I would expect at the prom, but still. We both liked the seafoam green dress but it was a strapless dress, rather heavy (more like a bridesmaid dress I thought) and would be tough to dance and feel comfortable in. And not the best color on her. We settled on a killer black number. It has straps (yes), it's stretchy velvet so it'll be comfie and easy to dance in (yes), and looks smokin'! The problem? Well, not sure it's a problem for Rake, but it's very form-fitting and, well, smokin'! I told my mom that Rake needs some opera length black gloves and a microphone and she'd look perfect atop a piano in a smoky nightclub.

Easel didn't get to be in the first track meet since she missed school earlier in the day - recovering from the tiring car trip to Detroit. But she got to be a runner for the judges and had a good time. Just hanging out on the field, she made some new friends from other schools. I don't really worry about her making friends in the new place. BTW, she corrected me - she's not putting shot because it was too heavy and she could only make it go about 2 feet. Instead she's throwing diskus (how do you spell that?).

Sandbox will be going for his red ribbon this spring in the RSCM - very cool. He'll have a solo at their Bach Society concert in May. He's really liking the music they're playing in band too so things are going well.

Polio is making a good impression at the Sammich Shop. Check out his post at www.floppysockdance.blogspot.com . Sounds like they're grooming him for the big time. As he has said to me before, "the oldies and the d-bags love me."

Ciao.

7 comments:

Dagromm said...

Do they have prom in Canada? That might be a dumb question, but I thought I would go ahead and ask.

Q said...

Of course they do Dagromm. My gf in high school totally lived in Canada and I was invited to her prom, but I couldn't go. You know 'cause the plane ticket was so expensive. Not because she didn't exist. Whatever...

Goo said...

Great. Now I've got "My girlfriend who lives in Canada" going through my head with Rake in the title role.

Palindrome said...

Hey, I never heard you use "love" in all caps when you talked about ME taking Rake out. Personally I'm shocked and appalled. I feel betrayed. I think I deserve an all caps "love."

Palindrome said...

he is pretty cool though I have to say I all caps love him too

plug said...

Dags - I looked and I don't see any mention of a prom at either of the high schools. Shh, don't tell Rake

Q - Yeah, my high school boyfriend couldn't have visitors or go out in public because of the bubble he had to live in. A shame, 'cause he was really hot. ... In the bubble. Not much ventilation.

Goo - I don't get it. Is that a song?

Palindrome - I totally all caps love you too. You can't "hear" it because I don't talk in all caps. It's kind of a written thing. I must admit I've known the other guy longer, but you rank right up there in the Nice Guy Hall of Fame.

Palindrome said...

Well thank you, I have to say you are my favorite person-I've-taken-out's mother.