Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Little update

Several things:

Nova Scotia - I learned yesterday that the @%&*! doctor's office that did my medical exam on APRIL 6TH, didn't mail it to Candadian Immigration till APRIL 25TH!! I told them that it needed to reach the Canadian consulate within 30 days of my application (made on April 2nd). So I ask myself...



So, on the advice of the attorney, I have faxed an explanation to the consulate. Let's all cross our fingers.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch - Easel got tagged to run in the 4 X 400 at her meet yesterday. After taking 2 minutes to learn how to pass and receive the baton, she ran in the third slot on her team. They didn't win that event but they won the meet overall. Yea!

Seems like the prom was big fun. Rake looked beautiful and I hope to get some pics out to the family. Maybe we'll upload them tonight. (?) She came home around 10am Sunday - they have a supervised post-prom event that goes till 5 or 6, then she and some friends had a sunrise picnic - and slept for about 5 hours. Then more rehearsals for the musical.


The BACH society concert is this weekend and I heard our folks rehearsing yesterday. Sandbox sounds lovely. He's decided to test for his bronze medal this June. Should be a piece of cake for him. He's an excellent sight reader and has a terrific ear. And the voice is angelic.

11 comments:

Goo said...

Okay, so I'll piggy-back on your update to say that I had a phone interview with a panel of five at Washington National Cathedral this morning. Things seemed to go very well. It was all very relaxed and comfortable, lots of churchspeak and questions about my comfort level with creative software, liturgy, sacred music, writing and editing. We ended talking about the possiblity of introducing some bilingual work into the mix over the next year. The ball is in their court about what happens next.

plug said...

Whoo Hoo!! That sounds incredible! I realized the other day, about two days after I sent you that email, that you said Washington National Cathedral, but somehow I "heard" St. John the Divine so I was picturing New York. Whatevs - I hope this works out. I love DC!!

LIT said...

Trust me on this one.

John 11:35

Me too.

Monstro D. Whale said...

I like the WTFWJD. Just remember, you can style yourself after Jesus from the Gospel, or Jesus from his revelation to St. John. Do you have any giant wasps with the heads of Assyrian kings?

I, however, DO NOT recommend asking yourself "what would Jesus of The Big Lebowski do?"

plug said...

Giant wasps with the heads of Assyrian kings? They live with me -I have two teens and two 'tweens.

The Big Lebowski has been on my "to watch" list for a while. I think one of the teens has it - this weekend I'm on it.

Nate said...

I've got a WTFWJD t-shirt. I love wearing it.

Goo, are you going to work wiht Washington National Cathedral? Mrs. Gyuss works one block south of there

Dagromm said...

Gyuss - can you get me one of those?

plug said...

you can get them at http://www.onehorseshy.com/themes/

I love a lot of their t-shirts and had planned to steal some of the pics for my blog. Durn.

Just don't wear it to you girl's soccer games.

Goo said...

Gyuss: I just got invited to come for a personal interview, but haven't set a date yet. I'd love to meet up with you and the missus when I'm in town.

Nate said...

Goo, the wife and I would love it. We're all sorta in the same field.

FuNK gRRrL said...

Did I ever tell you how my friend thought WWJD stood for We Want Jack Daniels?? And the dumbass said it to a bunch of uber christian people. I almost peed myself. Thank God for depends!!