Friday, May 18, 2007

Oh Canada!

Those of you who know I got the work permit last Saturday may be wondering why I haven't written about it yet. And really? I don't know. I'm excited, scared, ready, not ready, anxious to get going, and apprehensive about starting a new job. But - I leave in two weeks (give or take a day).

I was sick last week and did little on the blogs - I'm woefully behind in reading the ones I like. Then Saturday morning I happened to wake up and managed to get the husband off to his early call (he's working on another shoot), then fell asleep again. Later I woke up and got Easel off to her last track meet (sectionals, yay!), again just in time. Don't know why but nobody's alarms went off. Again, back to sleep. Later, as I left for the bank, I checked the mail and there it was. Yippee!!

Things went well the rest of the day too. We got our tax return. Easel made it to the finals in discus - she didn't win but the finals was her goal. Sandbox and Polio came along and we all got some nice sun. Also, Rake got an award which I'm sure she'll write about here the night before. I felt lucky and bought a lottery ticket. ... good times.

So, my last day at work is next Friday. We're donating TONS of stuff this weekend and throwing things away and getting real about this move.

2 comments:

LIT said...

YEAAAA! Finally something is movin' & shakin'.

Are we allowed to ask questions now?

Such as: Is next Friday May 18 or May 25? (You wrote this a few days ago, so next Fri. could be today.)

When is two weeks up? The two weeks you would be leaving in give or take a day.

I'm guessing you will still be driving alone; have you located a place to stay until you find a place for the family?

Is Polio moving out tomorrow (Sat., 19th)?
(That's another blog name I hate.)

Congrats to Rake & Easel on their artistic and athletic accomplishments, respectively. Wonderful way to end the school year and move on to another country to establish their empires.

The globe is packed, but no check here yet.

Dagromm said...

Now, you're going to wish that you had gotten serious a few weeks ago. That's how these things go.