Friday, September 28, 2007

Curriculum Night and Dream Homes

Tuesday night was curriculum night at the middle school. The DH (dear husband) went to Sandbox's classroom (since I'd already met his teacher) and I went to Easel's. I was slightly embarassed when my cell phone went off but I caught it quickly and no harm done. Another person's went off shortly after, so I knew I was in good company. The two main teachers were going over what things they'll cover this year, including the expected outcomes (pronounced "oatcomes"), and had just reached a lull, when one woman's cell phone/MP3 player started blasting Pink Floyd's The Wall. It was hilarious when the school children started singing "We don't need no education!" The room erupted with laughter, and the woman was beet red. After it died down, one man raised his hand and "respectfully requested" that his son not be seated next to her son. It was pretty funny.

DH and I also met the band instructor, whom I liked a lot. She had nice things to say about Sandbox's musicality and manners. I was also happy to hear fromEasel's teachers that she does no appear as miserable as she makes out. Not that she doesn't feel rotten, but at least she's not moping at school and sitting in a corner crying.

A word about the raffle houses that Sandbox wrote about. There are two of them and we decided that we would be happy to win either one. I like the ground floor and upper floor of House 2 better, plus it's on a lake. But the home theatre in the House 1 is to die for. I would also be ok with the Mercedes Benz or a trip to Paris. Hmph, if anything, I'll probably win a grill. (Yes, Dagromm, I know that grills can be ill when you chill with your skills and all that, but I want to win a HOUSE.) Not to be confused with a House. Which would also be a nice prize. BTW, you can view the actual houses here.

4 comments:

polio said...

if you win either house i will move up there with you. no lie.

jaz said...

me too, but only if chill and oyster agree to invade with me.

could you afford the taxes after winning the house?

Dagromm said...

Hey, at least you're sure you're going to win something!

plug said...

Polio - you're on! I have witnesses.

Jaz - As long as they let us pay them out monthly, it would probably be cheaper than rent.

Dagromm - i don't know if I'd go that far.