Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day

Things I did today:
~ slept in (sort of) since I was up throughout the night with crisis calls
~ shoveled the porch and sidewalk
~ went to the DMV to renew license plate sticker and get the DH's handicapped parking placard
~ went to the Social Security office so Rake could get a copy of her SS card
~ went to the pharmacy to get more pain pills for the DH, bought birthday cards and a Sudoku book for him too since it's his birthday today (lame presents I know)
~ bought him a chicken strip basket from DQ (also lame)
~ fielded work calls
~ edited a paper
~ checked the net to see if Goo is blogging from her igloo (nope)
~ watched a bit of Project Runway
~ went out to rent a game but they didn't have what Sandbox wanted
~ this

Now it's time to shovel the sidewalk again and check the weather to see if tomorrow's a snow day too.

9 comments:

LIT said...

Hope the DH got my birthday greeting on the home phone answering machine; I don't have his cell #.

If you have another snow day take time for a nap. This is kind of like having a newborn isn't it? Lots of unexpected calls/cries through the night. Has he been back to the doctor?

Goo said...

Actually, I WAS blogging from my igloo, but got interrupted by six hours of scrubbing and rebooting in an effort to adjust my blogger settigns. It still hasn't had the desired effect.

Love to the DH with lots of birthday wishes!

plug said...

The DH doesn't have a cell phone. We were going to go today after I shoveled and salted again, but the doc's office didn't call back. His wound dressing is hard (like a scab) and irritating his ankle. The idea of going out with crutches on slippery sidewalks makes him extremely nervous but his post-op appointment isn't till next Tuesday.

Goo - I'm glad to see that you were blogging after all. I don't think I know what scrubbing means in this context or what the effect was supposed to be. Glad you're in there though!

jaz said...

Hey--if we are having a snow day down south, surely you get one in the frozen tundra.

We plan to sleep late and snuggle while reading the first volume of the Sisters Grimm aloud. But (thankfully) they don't predict enough snow for an igloo. Just up to 3 inches. And I hardly see the 1/2 inch from today actually sticking around.

By Sunday it is supposed to be in the 50's.

Dagromm said...

We actually have real snow here! We got a foot of snow in 24 hours. And it's not all icey. I'm still at work, but the kids are off.

jaz said...

I watched live coverage of the storm in Dallas yesterday morning while trying to ascertain whether or not Oyster's school had been canceled. It was pretty impressive.

Rake said...

I LOVE that 1/2 an inch is a snow day. :)

jaz said...

By Friday morning we had about 2 inches accumulation--enough for a respectable snow man in the back yard. Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos until noon when it was already melting. I took another pic this morning when the snowman was the only thing still frozen in the yard. Today we've been running around with just sweatshirts.

Rake said...

Weather is so crazy, but I swear it gets crazier every year. I think it's getting dementia or Alzheimer's or something, because it keeps forgetting when and where to do make the seasons happen. Ugh. The weather is gettin' old.