Monday, October 15, 2007

TV, Food, and Recycling

Well, well, well. I didn't make it through Canadian Idol - too boring and I still don't even know who won. I caught most of Canada's Next Top Model - even liked the winner a lot.

Now, it's Project Runway Canada hosted by Iman. She scares me. Sure, she looks friendly in the picture, but she'll kick your ass if you make something "unwearable." (if you click that link, go down to the seventh designer - Darin - he's the one she called unwearable) I enjoy watching with Rake and Easel. Rake and I often disagree about which designs we like though (the judges seem to agree with her more). Easel usually starts drawing about halfway through the show and is more interested in her own designs than the ones on tv. As much as I like watching with my girls, I miss Pip. She and I usually agreed on who's being a tool and whose designs we'd wear.


Since going out to eat is so expensive here, we've rediscovered some of our cookbooks and old recipes we used to make more often. Tops in this category is the homemade salsa that the DH makes. It is great and the kids didn't even know their dad could make it. We had him make a pitcher full two weekends in a row. The downside is that there's not a lot of choice in the chip department. Tostitos is about it actually. After Thanksgiving, I went out looking for Fritos - the best chip in the world to accompany leftover turkey. I am told they can be found here but I don't know where yet. I'll be on the hunt for them between now and the American Thanksgiving we'll celebrate in November.


I think we are starting to get a handle on the recycling thing.
At least the DH and I are. The kids keep throwing food in the trash or the sink instead of the compost bin. Also, I finally set up some containers for the paper and the plastic/cans/bottles. Since there wasn't a good, nearby place to put them, people kept leaving them on the counter so someone else (me) would put them away. Having said all that, however, we don't have a clue how to read the schedule for pick-up. We rely on the neighbors knowing, and when we see theirs out on the curb, we put ours out too.

4 comments:

Chillax said...

Well, that answers my question about the shower curtain dresses that y'all were wearing last time I was up north.

jaz said...

Care package on the way!! Fritos and shower curtains it is.

LIT said...

How about recyling your old clothes into designer fashions? That ought to present Easel a challenge.

jaz said...

I can toss some old clothes in the package, too.