Thursday, June 7, 2007

OK, I'm going to try and watch my spelling in this post as I got called out for my typos last time. They were bad. I guess I'm just tired. Go figure.

Work is going great. I have found that I remembered correctly and this place is a good fit for me. I got my first case today and I'm not really nervous at all. This is stuff I know how to do. A few of the assessment tools are different, but I can learn those things easily. And they are very willing to expand and order some measures I like to use. The other phrenologists are cool and friendly. I've gotten suggestions for movie rental places, restaurants, dog shows, schools, and the like.

I'm going to go look at houses tomorrow with a rental agent. My "landlady" suggested I also look in the paper this weekend and she'll sit down with me and help me find ones in the areas I'm interested in. I think I'll take myself to see Pirates of the Caribbean this weekend too. And I might hit a yard sale or two. Nothing drastic though, I swear.

FYI - schools are not out here yet, but I did learn that they do indeed have proms. Tickets are on sale now. I haven't found out yet about marching band.

Well, I don't have much else to report. I wish my family was here to enjoy the sun and sea with me. Did I mention that my office has a view of the Citadel and, if you look left, the McDonald Bridge across the harbour? It is a beautiful view. Alas, when our offices move next month (as we are scheduled to do because the program is expanding), there will only be one office with a window. A lottery will determine who gets it. Bums. So I shall enjoy my view while I have it. BTW, this picture is not the view I have. I took a picture with my camera phone but don't have a way to upload it. Yet.
I miss you guys. Write me.

3 comments:

LIT said...

I am so relieved and feel you're really settling in. It was the yard sale comment that reassured me. Isn't it wonderful that your "landlady" is such a help; Goo didn't get much assistance from hers in Spain.

You better take some photos of your view while you've got it to put up on the walls of your next office. Maybe you could dress them up as faux windows. You know how our luck is with lotteries. But think positive!

Glad things are going well; it's about time. How's the Payless watch holding up? Had to but gas by the litre yet? BTW, remember my prediction that gas prices would start falling once you left the country? BINGO! Thanks.

Love you!

Rake said...

Dog shows, hahaha...

Oh My Lord, school isn't even out yet up there? Well, then do they start later or something?Gah!

Yeah, I think it would be really cool if you took a picture of your view and then blew it up really big to have a "window" in your other office!

Palindrome said...

Yor speling semed fine to me, but then agan I can't tawk.