Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

Hey y'all! The DH and I are sitting at home with chips and salsa and World War Z (a book ostensibly about zombies but really about global response to crisis). Easel (dressed as Batman) and Sandbox (dressed as an escaped hospital patient) are at a party. Rake and Soulpatch (matching pirates) are out getting Chinese food before they settle in for some scary movies.

It's been a tough week at work - two steps forward one step back. We have jobs though so I guess I won't complain. Polio is determined to fly to TX for Christmas. That leaves us driving down, dates undetermined. We need to confer with some family members on the other side of the family. Wish I could say more definitively but I can 't. It ain't all up to me.

Nothing much to report. Had a birthday - that was pretty cool. The kids surprised me with some nice gifts. I'll leave you with a picture for Halloween.

5 comments:

LIT said...

Well, one less driver, but more room in the van(?). I understand that there are other people to consider on this trip and appreciate your dilemma. Polio, no doubt, remembers the last trip down here and the cold house, & sleeping arrangements which were the best we could do, and didn't know it would be cold. He's probably looking for an escape plan; or maybe it was the snow-over in Ark. However, by flying he'll be able to have more visiting time since he's on a tight rein time-wise. I'm trying to provide as much in accommodations as possible. No doubt, this will be another wacky holiday, but fun.

I only bought trick-treat stuff for Oyster, but she didn't come to my door. Now it's MINE---he,he,he,he!

Please, give us a heads up as soon as you cast your plans in stone. Love ya, and can't wait to see everyone.

jaz said...

Oyster spent Halloween traipsing the neighborhood with the back door neighbor family. They are much more into the sport than we are, so after 3 hours of begging I was more than ready to go home!

Now that All Saints is out of the way, we can start planning for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Can't wait to see you guys!! Share the plans when they are ready.

Chillax said...

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday!

plug said...

Van? Try Hyundai. Yeah. That's a whole different road trip.

We had several trick-or-treaters and no one egged our house. Success!

Polio is looking to maximize his time off, not avoid anything.

I've got the twins' birthday in addition to the holidays. That lottery thang just ain't paying off!!

LIT said...

I've noticed that about the lottery too; that's why Jaz and I are having another yard sale tomorrow and the next day. Also trying to clear some space for the visit. Wish us luck; the outcome could affect the menu.